Zone 1 de Shiri: meilleure édition existante

Etiquettes

05/04/02 17:54 

Copier-coller d'une review du forum d'asiandvdguide en dessous mais en gros, je traduis: format respecté, très bonne qualité d'image, piste coréennes et anglaises en 5.1, piste française(!) en 2.0 et la plupart des bonus qui étaient présents sur le dvd coréen sont presque tous repris ici mais dans une seule vidéo(making-of) et surtout, en sous-titré anglais.

First of all let me say something about the very controversial DVD cover and main menu screen. The women that we see on both is the female assassin in the movie (SPOILER ALERT: before her "transformation"). Because she has many different looks in the movie, that is why on the cover for this disc, we don't see the top of her face. It's supposed to symbolize that we don't know who she is (I know, clever right?). The menus btw, are all static.

Another thing, this film is not the director's cut. Now, don't jump and go crazy just yet, if any of you remember, for the two disc set the director chose to cut out one little murder in the movie because he felt it didn't fit the tone at all with the scenes that came before and after. On the two disc set the shot he took out was presented on the 2nd disc as an extra. However, for this disc, it keeps that shot in (which was just how I saw it when I went to see Shiri in the theaters when it was shown here in NY).

OK, first up is video quality. There really isn't much to say except that it is much better than the previous two disc Korean set and that was to be expected. However, most of the improvement is simply due to better encoding (which is what Columbia is so good at) so there really isn't that much else to say except that it is the best that Shiri has ever looked.

Oh! One more thing, I didn't get to measure it, but it looks like this disc has more picture information than the Korean two disc set (which, from what I understand, the director cropped the picture a bit on the Korean Special edition set). So it looks like this release is 1.85:1.

The three different audio options are Korean (5.1), English (5.1), French (2.0). The 5.1 is quite nice although I didn't really get a chance to compare it to the Korean two disc set I really don't think it will disappoint. One thing about the English dub is that they did a very good job at writing dialog that synchs up very nicely to the mouth movements on the actors. However, most of the voice actors lack the emotional strength that the more dramatic scenes deserve. I will say this I never knew that "For the revolution," in English, can be synched up to perfection on the Korean actors mouths (which is just what they yell out in Korean, "For the revolution!").

The extras that this disc has are the Making of (more on that later), the music video (the same on the two disc set), and trailers for Shiri (the American trailer), The Tailor of Panama, and The Crimson Rivers. For those of you who are planning on buying this disc and haven't seen the movie yet here is a word of warning:
DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER FOR SHIRI THAT IS ON THIS DISC!! IT CONTAINS A MAJOR SPOILER!!!
I must say that I was surprised to see that they spoiled the movie as if it were nothing special. So don't watch that trailer unless you want to be spoiled.

Now, for those that still haven't been persuaded to get this disc, here is what will convert you (unless you speak Korean that is):

The "Making of" is subtitled in English! I know what some of you must be thinking:
"Yeah so the Making of is subtitled in English, but it doesn't have all the extras that the Korean two disc set has"
Yeah well guess what? It might not have all (like the NG footage), but it does have most of them!! You see, the "Making of" that is shown on this disc is actually a combination of several extras that are on the Korean two disc set. The "Making of" that is on the Korean two disc set is about 41 mins. The "Making of" that is on this disc is about 54 mins and not only includes the "Making of" from the Korean Special edition, but also has the following featurettes from the two disc set:
"Production Notes"
"CG& Special Effects & Stunts"
"Music & Dubbing & Recording"
"Broadcasting News"
All the above, and the "Making of" are all edited in to make a bigger program.

So as you can see, you get a lot of the extras from the two disc Korean set all in one program ALL SUBTITLED IN ENGLISH!

répondre - Envoyer un message personnel

07/04/02 13:55 RE: Zone 1 de Shiri: meilleure édition existante

par NICROW
Qu est ce que tu en penses ALAIN tu crois que ça vaut le coup de l'acheter ou pas? Mais je n'ai aps trés bien compris,c'est une version coupée? IL existe une version director's cut de SHIRI ?

Merci d'avance (^_^)

07/04/02 14:17 RE: Zone 1 de Shiri: meilleure édition existante

Ben perso, je me suis pas vraiment extasié sur Shiri mais bon, je crois que les fans du film devraient choper cette version.

Quant à cette histoire de director's cut, c'est le truc inverse que d'habitude: une scène de meurtre vers le début que le réal a voulu viré parce qu'il estimait que ça allait pas trop bien dans le film. Sur le dvd coréen, cette scène était présente dans les bonus mais pour les versions sorties au ciné, cette scène était incluse dans le film.

07/04/02 16:02 RE: Zone 1 de Shiri: meilleure édition existante

Laquelle ? la scene du rêve avec l'assassinat dans le bar ?

07/04/02 17:08 RE: Zone 1 de Shiri: meilleure édition existante

Je pense que c'est celle-là(mais je peux me tromper)

Vous devez être identifié pour poster.

Login: Passe :

Nouveau ? Inscrivez-vous ici